Sunday, November 22, 2015

SIVANANDA GITA -1

Sivananda Gita - 1 
I was born of P.S. Vengu Aiyar and Parvathiammal on 8th September 1887 at Pattamadai, Tirunelvely District, S. India, in the line of Appayya Dixit. My star is Bharani.
I was extremely mischievous in my boyhood. I studied in the S.P.G. College, Trichy. I was a Doctor in Malaya States for 10 years. I took sanyasa in 1924 in Rishikesh.
I did tapas and meditation for 15 years. I went on lecturing tours for 10 years. I founded the Divine Life Society in 1936 and the All­-World Religions Federation in 1945.
I am child­like in my svabhava. So I mix with all. I become one with all. 
I am ever happy and joyful and make others also happy and joyful.
I am full of educative humour. I radiate joy through humour.
I respect all. I do salutations to all first.
I always speak sweetly. I walk quickly.
I do japa and meditation while walking and while at work also. I am ever hard­working. I have intense application to work. I never leave a work till it is finished. I never procrastinate any work. I finish it then and there. I am very quick in doing things.
I cannot suppress the spirit of service in me. I cannot live without service. I take immense delight in service. Service has elevated me. Service has purified me.
I know well how to extract work from others. I extract work through kindness, service, respect and love.
I am very regular in doing asanas and exercises. I even now do sirshasan, sarvangasan and other asanas. I do pranayama also regularly. These give me wonderful health and energy. I run round the bhajan hall daily.
I cannot deliver fiery lectures sitting on a special seat. Special seat pricks me. I stand up or throw the seat away and then begin to speak. I never sat on a special seat when I presided over spiritual conferences.
I rejoice in giving. I always give.

No comments: